[TenTec] QRPp SSB from a Corsair II

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] QRPp SSB from a Corsair II
From: geraldj@ames.net (Dr. Gerald N. Johnson, P.E.)
Date: Wed, 20 Jan 1999 11:05:41 -0600
I'm figuring on adding a couple relays inside my Corsair II to bring out
the low level driver and to separate receiver from transmitter. I want
to add an external ALC input also. Otherwise it appears to me from the
schematic that CW and SSB drive levels use different controls (the drive
pot is a dual pot). I don't yet know the power level at the output of
the low level driver but I figure its not over a few watts. And so
easier to get down to mixer level.

The accessories socket is useful only for an external VFO. I'll probably
use the two 12 volt accessory sockets for my connections, mixing
transverter control DC with RF in or out. Maybe ALC also to minimize
external holes.

73, Jerry, K0CQ