[TenTec] QRPp SSB from a Corsair II

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] QRPp SSB from a Corsair II
From: Mike.Dodds@gtnet.com (Mike Dodds)
Date: Thu, 21 Jan 1999 09:09:04 +0000
Hi,

I searched through the archives and found mention of a mod (from Ten
Tec) for QRPp levels.  It involves putting a 3V zener diode in parallel
with the zener diode D3 on the low level driver board. One end is at
ground
so the diode can be switched in and out with a rear panel-mounted
switch.

Has anyone made this mod? What is it's effect on SSB (I assume that's
what
it achieves as very low levels are possible on CW without any
modification)?

"Dr. Gerald N. Johnson, P.E." wrote:

> I'm figuring on adding a couple relays inside my Corsair II to bring out
> the low level driver and to separate receiver from transmitter. I want
> to add an external ALC input also. Otherwise it appears to me from the
> schematic that CW and SSB drive levels use different controls (the drive
> pot is a dual pot). I don't yet know the power level at the output of
> the low level driver but I figure its not over a few watts. And so
> easier to get down to mixer level.

I'm using the Receive Antenna socket with the switch in the TRX position
connect to the independent Rx connector on my transverter.

Cheers,

Mike Dodds
GM4YMI