[TenTec] question, please help

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] question, please help
From: badger@vbe.com (Michael Melland)
Date: Sun, 24 Jan 1999 10:15:58 -0600
Rich McCabe wrote:

> So you are correct in your method for tuning the transmitter. It can be
> confusing if you have to move the transmit frequency. Otherwise just tune to
> the transmit frequency, hit A=B and then SPLIT, and find your receive
> frequency.

Rich.... correct this is...... thats how the manual tells one to work
split with the Omni V. Turn split off by pushing "split" agn and then
you are back at the original (transmit) freq.

> I hope this helps. I am still curious why you dont use the RIT.

The Omni V does not have RIT.  It uses the above method...a bit more
work but when you get used to it it's fine.  And, one less thing to
align <grin>.

Michael Melland, KB9QHU
Winneconne, Wisconsin, USA
FISTS #4387, 10-10 #69281, QRP-L #1656