[TenTec] questions

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] questions
From: deiss@camasnet.com (Greg Deiss)
Date: Sun, 24 Jan 1999 08:31:24 +0000
Dear group,

I have a couple of questions I'd like to bounce off of you.

What is the practical (audible) difference between using a CW audio
filter (#224) and 8 pole "ladder" filters (#217 or #219).  I have a
reasonable understanding of the design differences; how do they differ
in use?  Has anybody done some "side-by-side" listening on these?

Secondly, I just took possession of an Alinco DJ-500T dual-band HT.  I
am fairly certain that the antenna it came with is not original and not
correct for the radio.  Does anybody out there have one of these that
can give me physical specs or a description of the proper antenna for
this radio?

Thanks in advance.

Greg, kl7qx