[TenTec] Ok, if the Argo was/is so popular.....

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] Ok, if the Argo was/is so popular.....
From: JimN0OCT@aol.com (JimN0OCT@aol.com)
Date: Fri, 16 Apr 1999 10:24:52 EDT
Well, one reason that the Argo series was so popular was that it was a TT!
%^)

Seriously, though, most QRP operating is done CW, and the Argo [505/509] is
alot like a scaled down analog Triton.  I have a 509 and love it--it is easy
to work on, it has flawless QSK, and a hot receiver.  It doesn't do WARC,
QRO, or the dishes, but is a good all around rig.  If you get a little nuts
about it, you can add the 220 IF filter, and a CWF-2 audio filter [or SCAF or
whatever], and have a heck of a little contest/ragchew QRP rig.

...and it's a Ten Tec!

73, Jim NØOCT