[TenTec] Ok, if the Argo was/is so popular.....

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] Ok, if the Argo was/is so popular.....
From: walt@jove.acs.unt.edu (Walter S Delesandri)
Date: Sat, 17 Apr 1999 07:36:47 -0500 (CDT)
Here goes (flame suit on).....
Could also be that some shred of consumer common sense entered
in to the buying public's mind.....I know that's unlikely,
but it could happen!!!

Lets see, buy a used 100W multi-mode japanese rig, or a T-T
Scout- or pay the same money for a 5-watter that has a spotty
reputation for stability.....tough choice.

If Ten-tec doesn't come out with a 100W full featured rig of
at least decent construction, for a grand, give or take, then
only patriotism will continue to sell their rigs (which is OK
with me, and my reason for liking T-T)

QRP awards should go to the higher power station who's racking
his brain/ears to copy.

I'm not a power-monger, with my 50-60W CW.....but I've started
staying away from 7040 because I like to relax and have a complete
qso.  And yes, I have very fine receivers to 'dig-em-out'.....
guess I'm getting cynical in my old age (40)

73, Walt

On
Sat,
17