[TenTec] question on adapters

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] question on adapters
From: k8vt@ameritech.net (Carter Grabarczyk)
Date: Wed, 02 Jun 1999 22:25:26 -0400
Scott, take heed....

I have an Omni 6+, the Heil headset and the Heil adapter. When I first
connected it (back before it became a plus), there was not enough vox
gain with the Heil as Duane said below. I called Ten Tec and they
suggested I change the value of two resistors on one of the Omni's
circuit boards. As this was almost 3 years ago, I do not remember the
board, the resistor numbers or their new values. However, it did work,
got plenty of vox gain and it was a fairly easy mod to complete (quarter
watt resistors, not surface mount). I recall seeing this posted
previously, so you may find some info in the archives of this reflector
or I'm sure TT can give you the answer. I think I was one of the first
to have this problem, but I'm sure TT has it down to a science now.
Again, this was for the 6; as you have a 5, your mileage may vary.

Bottom line-it's a good setup, but if at first it doesn't work, don't be
discouraged.

73/Carter/K8VT