[TenTec] QRP rig...

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] QRP rig...
From: JimN0OCT@aol.com (JimN0OCT@aol.com)
Date: Mon, 19 Jul 1999 09:08:27 EDT
HI Tom,

As they say, 'been there, done that'.  You are on the right track by looking
for something small and lightweight.  One of the T-kit rigs would be perfect
for this.  20 meters is open late into the evening, and of course works
during the day!  Older kits by NN1G, the NorCal group, Emtech, A&A would all
fit the bill here.  The only limitation would be that they are monoband rigs.

For aerials, unless you want to get fancy, buy some magnet wire and use an
antenna tuner.  Your heaviest component will be your battery.....

The older TT QRP rigs are also great for this purpose [Argonaut 505, 509,
515], but take up alot more space.  I rarely take mine out of the house [it's
my QRP 'main station' rig].

The QRP list is a great place to sift for information.  Just remember,
everybody has an opinion!

Hope this helps, and if you have any other questions, please ask!

72, Jim
NØOCT
Member, St. Louis QRP Society and TT list lurker...