[TenTec] Centaur AMP

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] Centaur AMP
From: pfb@eriecoast.com (Paul)
Date: Fri, 10 Sep 1999 11:59:24 -0400
I have looked and looked for an inexpensive amp and reviews of the products
on the web.  Not much to be found.  On the Tentec baord the only comments
are from years ago about the fan noise.  Several musings posted on the group
about the noise and how Tentec will correct this.  My question is did they??
It is 2-3 years after these comments and I found nothing after that?

I know that this is not a high tech question on the high end line but this
is what I am looking for at this point in the hobby.  It would be my first
Tentec product.  The choices are few, it is the Centaur which is 3 tube or
the Ameritron 811H  four tube version.  Here is anouther question.  What
would happen to the Centaur if I put in 572B's?  On the Svetlana page it
says the 572 b can be used as a drop in replacemnt for the 511's and it
would provide more output.  Anyone ever do this?

Paul Bransztet
KI8HO

PS--I probably ought to keep saving and wait to get a Centurian.