[TenTec] QSK clicking

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] QSK clicking
From: turner@rome.ICS.UCI.EDU (Clark Savage Turner)
Date: Thu, 16 Sep 1999 21:08:38 -0700
Hi Jim:

I know what you mean.  I tried potting the relay in the back
for T/R and got some silence that way, but you need to be very
careful to use the right potting compound, not to eat the traces.
Ask the Ten Tec guys, they'll tell you which one to use.

Yes, the FT-990 is quieter for QSK as far as the mechanical
relay is concerned :-) .  The TS-850 makes less noise, too.
But the overall QSK performance is a combination of many
factors, and the OMNI does pretty well. The mechanical relay
has its advantages by the way...

Clark
WA3JPG