[TenTec] Southpaw CW (was Re: Copying CW in your head)

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] Southpaw CW (was Re: Copying CW in your head)
From: darwin@together.net (K & H Darwin)
Date: Fri, 24 Sep 1999 21:17:25 -0400

----------
From: JimN0OCT@aol.com
To: pklein@2alpha.net; tentec@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TenTec] Copying CW in your head
To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Date: Thursday, September 23, 1999 11:22 AM

Once you learn to copy in your head, then teach yourself to send with the
hand you don't write with--things go *much* faster!

-----------

When I was a novice, I learned to send right handed with a straight key
(I'm right handed).  When I moved to a keyer, I taught myself left handed
instead of right handed so I could hold a pencil in one hand and send CW
with the other.  I don't reverse the paddles, I just slide them over to the
left side of the OP desk.  So to me, the thumb is for dah's and the finger
is for dits.

I'm sure glad I did it that way!

73 y'all

Keith Darwin