[TenTec] Oh, But I Disagree

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] Oh, But I Disagree
From: darwin@together.net (K & H Darwin)
Date: Wed, 29 Sep 1999 17:55:27 -0400
Regarding posting "suggestions", here's my $.02 worth.

- include enough of the original reply to establish the context for your
comments.  No more, no less.

- Put your reply at the top so it's easy to find without paging down.  One
exception may be if you're replying to specific comments in the quoted
material.  Then, I think it makes more sense to put your replies after the
appropriated quoted material.

- CHANGE THE SUBJECT LINE if it doesn't match your comments.  This one bugs
me.  I delete many messages based on subject line content (I get about 100
msgs per day - can't read them all).  If the original post was "Which PS
should I use..." and you're talking about experiences with CW keyers,
change the topic to read "CW Keyers (was re: Which PS should I use..." or
something like that - Please!

- Reply to the reflector rather than to individuals unless your reply will
embarrass / hurt the individual or is clearly not for public consumption.
The power of the reflector is the EXCHANGE OF IDEAS.  That doesn't happen
as well if we reply directly.

Ok, I'm done now.  Thanks for letting me rant :)

73!

Keith
KD1E