[TenTec] Insurance (Was: Omni Vi freq drift and poorkeyer?)

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] Insurance (Was: Omni Vi freq drift and poorkeyer?)
From: jmlowman@ix.netcom.com (Jim Lowman)
Date: Mon, 11 Oct 1999 08:59:11 -0700
Robert wrote:

> Ummmm Insurance?
>
> Speaking of such, I have seen some ads in QST, anybody care to comment on
> how well/poorly their insurance carrier seems to be working?
>
> How about the price of an average premium?
> What are you folks paying for something like a 564/238/961 to 75' of tower?

I'm about to take the plunge with Hamsure, the company that advertises with
ARRL.
Having just acquired a loaded Omni VI Plus, along with owning an Argonaut 515
and
an Argo 556 and various other QRP transceivers, I think it's a good investment.

Hamsure is also the organization that provides clubs with liability insurance.
Our Council of local clubs has a $2,000,000 policy with them.

The good news is that the deductible is only $50 per claim.  You supply an
inventory with your application, which establishes ownership as well as the
amount of the premium.  The bad news is that towers and antennas aren't
covered.  Computers used in conjunction with your ham activities are, though.
All that is needed to file a claim is a police report.  No need to find
original receipts.

Personally, I've never heard anything good or bad about the company.  Anyone?

73 de Jim - AD6CW