[TenTec] Ten Tec 544 Supplement

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] Ten Tec 544 Supplement
From: aa8ve@juno.com (JEFF S JOHNSON)
Date: Sat, 30 Oct 1999 22:26:27 -0400

On Sat, 30 Oct 1999 23:25:08 -0000 "Steve Baron - KB3MM"
<SteveBaron@StarLinX.com> writes:
> Absolutely hate model numbers ----they are not on the rig !

Yes the model numbers are confusing, it really looks haywire if you go to
the unofficial T-T page and select all models from the index. Take a look
down the list and see what pattern there is, man I just don't get it!

Another thing I wonder about is on my Triton IV 544's front panel it has
the T*T symbol and then it just say's "Model 544" but in all the ads and
other photos I see it has "Triton IV" with no number.  Their both the
same rig, any one else have this or know why?

I bet a lot of you never knew there is a pilot light in the marker notch
right above the PTO dial skirt. This is on the Triton IV and probably on
all the rigs with that same black tuning display unit analog or digital.
I guess it was meant for lighting the dial on an analog readout but it's
also in the digital display type. It's a small soldered-in 6 volt lamp
that may last a week if replaced!  To get to it the front panel has to be
removed, on the back side there's a board for the OT and ALC led's and
the little pilot lamp is soldered in. This would look real cool in a dark
room but I got to believe most of these went unnoticed.
I wonder if anyone has replaced this with a bright led or something just
to say it works?

Jeff aa8ve  --  Just sit back, relax, and enjoy that cool smooth sound of
TEN*TEC the finest radio gear in the world ! --