[TenTec] CAT and the Omni VI+

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] CAT and the Omni VI+
From: kh7m@hsa-kauai.net (Jim Reid)
Date: Tue, 16 Nov 1999 11:12:19 -1000
Hi to all,

I have,  for the moment,  stopped being concerned
about the reed relay stickiness -- a very intermittent
problem.

Now trying  to do CAT control of the Omni.  Have now
got the VI+ responding to a DX spot when clicking on
same using the DX4WIN log program with it watching
the internet DX cluster.  Also,  can change the frequency
and band using TRX-Manager by F6DEX,  Laurent.

But,  I seem to be getting no info back from the Omni
to the TRX-manager when,  for example,  I use the
manual main tuning knob on the Omni,  the display
from TRX  does not change,  nor does the mode,
band etc.  display change when pushing one of those
buttons on the "physical" Omni.

All of the TRX-Manager functions and displays operate
perfectly with my FT-1000,  so they do work.  But can not
seem to get the same result controlling the Omni.
And,  yes,  I have the Menu 2 baud rate set to 1200,
address to 04,  and the CdE is ON. (Reason for
1200 Baud is that that seems to be the only rate available
for the Omni when using DX4WIN spot tuning.)

Laurent advises that the S-meter info is not available
from the Omni as it is from the FT-1000,  too bad.
Maybe will just go back to the FT-1000 as the CAT
rig.

Any thought?

73,  Jim,  KH7M