[TenTec] OMNI-D QUESTION

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] OMNI-D QUESTION
From: seweber@netnitco.net (seweber@netnitco.net)
Date: Sat, 18 Dec 1999 14:26:51 -0600
>I have an OMNI-D but confused about if B series or not. Will there be a
>notation on the back of the rig or is there some other feature that
>distinguished the B series from just the OMNI-D?  Thanks   Alan KB7MBI
>
>--

Alan,

The original Omni came in both the A (analog) and D (digital) flavors.
Both of these had a aquelch control just to the right of the main tuning
knob.  TenTec offered an upgrade program much like the Omni VI to VI+
program in which the squelch control was removed and replaced by a rotary
filter selection switch.  There are other internal differences, but the
switch is the most visible.  The factory B's and the upgrade versions are
electrically and functionally identical, but the upgrades are easily
identified because the filter positions are marked on a black plastic
sticker instead of screened onto the front panel.  I believe the C version
uses several toggle switches to select bandwidth.

Nice rigs by any standard.  Some of us believe that the Omni C is the
finest rig ever.  Wish I had one.

73 de KD9BO

Steve Weber

I want to know how God created the world.
I am not interested in this or that phenomenon,
in the spectrum of this or that element.
I want to know His thoughts; the rest are details.

  --Albert Einstein--