[TenTec] COMPUTER MONITOR AND RF SHIELDING

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] COMPUTER MONITOR AND RF SHIELDING
From: jyoung@tir.com (Jess Young)
Date: Mon, 27 Dec 1999 18:08:35 -0500
Although all my antennas are outside, I have had problems with some monitors
creating birdies that I received in my OMNI VI.  I assume that the coaxial
lead-ins were functioning as quite adequate antennas for this purpose.  I
tracked the noise to the monitor, and it would increase as more white space
appeared on the monitor.

Since all my radio equipment is rack mounted, I placed the monitors in a
single rack and the steel case eliminated the problem.  Sure a lot easier
than trying to shield the inside of the monitor case.

Jess Young, W8JY