[TenTec] COMPUTER MONITOR AND RF SHIELDING

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] COMPUTER MONITOR AND RF SHIELDING
From: kayser@king.igs.net (Larry Kayser)
Date: Mon, 27 Dec 1999 21:53:10 -0500
Greetings:

I have always wondered why the ARRL has not made a significant effort and
contribution to the amateur community by helping us with their laboratory
facility learn to have RFI free computers and monitors.

During the era after WW II of the TVI proofing the ARRL made a contribution
to basic engineering and the amateur community survived the era.  The League
has not done so with the Computer Generation, as far as I can remember they
have not once since the introduction of the IBM PC in 1980 have they in the
last 20 years published any serious works about shutting these things up.

Devoted entirely to amateur radio?  Maybe only a portion of amateur radio.
As a life member I am not impressed with the Leagues performance in this
area.

Larry
VA3LK