[TenTec] Rice Boxes

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] Rice Boxes
From: RMcGraw@blomand.net (Robert & Linda McGraw)
Date: Sun, 05 Mar 2000 22:17:41 -0600
Now Folks;

Whatever you call'em, they've all got parts made in Japan, Taiwan,
Korea, Singapore, Mexico, China and no tellin' where else, 'lest alone
the USA.

So..... they were designed here or there.  So what!

I bought mine, an Omni VI+, because I wanted a performance radio.

As to service, yep I'm pleased with Ten Tec service.  At the same time
I'm not pessimistic.  I don't expect any of them to break.  If I
expected a radio to fail, I wouldn't buy it.

Same thing applies to flying in an airplane.  If you knew it was gonna
crash would you get on it?  By the way, the odds of an airplane accident
are higher than the odds of component failure in a radio.

Go figure. Now lets get back to real hammin'.

73
Bob K4TAX