[TenTec] Rice boxes

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] Rice boxes
From: pklein@2alpha.net (Peter Klein)
Date: Fri, 10 Mar 2000 13:06:44 PST
Here's a couple of my favorite examples of "Jinglish."

>From a transceiver manual:
[To solve some problem], "replace R23 with a 50 K ohm lesistor."

>From the manual to an old generic monochrome monitor:
"Contrast knob will make picture bright but not dazzling."

And a maxim we can all live by:
"Keep off the capacity transformable or magnetic."

Sign in a Tokyo hotel:
"You are invited to take advantage of the chambermaid."

But you don't have to be Japanese to mangle English.  Just being an engineer
will suffice.  How about this one, from an old AutoCAD manual:

"Undoing a Redo will redo the original Undo."

Obligatory TenTec content: The devices mentioned were once on the same table
upon which my Omni VI now resides.  Except for the chambermaid.

73,
--Peter, KD7MW
(Note:  Please reply to  pklein@2alpha.net  I use this Hotmail account only
as a Web gateway to my personal email.)