[TenTec] Rice Boxes

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] Rice Boxes
From: compute33@yahoo.com (John Galt)
Date: Mon, 6 Mar 2000 05:43:15 -0800 (PST)
Hmmmm . . .

Look, I share a general appreciation for the boys in
Sevierville but I don't mind looking beyond our
borders for excellence.

Although I think my Omni VI+ is a good radio, I
believe the Ten-Tec engineers could learn a lesson or
two from the land of the rising sun and improve it:

1. How to design a digital logic board like Yaesu
2. How to provide ssb receive audio quality like
Kenwood
3. How to provide receive dynamic range like Icom

Also, if planes crashed as often as my rig has been
back to Sevierville, the airline industry would be in
trouble.

73,
John

Now Folks;Whatever you call'em, they've all got parts
made in Japan, Taiwan,
Korea, Singapore, Mexico, China and no tellin' where
else, 'lest alonethe USA.
So..... they were designed here or there.  So what!
I bought mine, an Omni VI+, because I wanted a
performance radio.
As to service, yep I'm pleased with Ten Tec service.
At the same time
I'm not pessimistic.  I don't expect any of them to
break.  If I
expected a radio to fail, I wouldn't buy it.
Same thing applies to flying in an airplane.  If you
knew it was gonna
crash would you get on it?  By the way, the odds of an
airplaneaccident
are higher than the odds of component failure in a
radio.
Go figure. Now lets get back to real hammin'.73Bob K4TAX