[TenTec] Iambic paddles

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] Iambic paddles
From: JohnJJeff@aol.com (JohnJJeff@aol.com)
Date: Thu, 13 Apr 2000 13:02:24 EDT
Hello all,

I have both the original Vibroplex iambic paddles and the brass racer (along
with a newer iambic paddle, the black racer). Sherrill is entirely correct:
the original is a monster compared to the latter two. It is solid, heavy,
uses the tried and true spring/contact system and is entirely reliable. It is
the only paddle I will use in situations requiring long term reliability,
such as contests.
The brass and black racers are entirely different in that they use magnets
instead of springs and are considerably lighter in *action*, although not
necessarily in weight. The action is much lighter, and is probably not for
the "whacker" type CW key-meister; rather it is for the "massager" type of
operator. But they too send very nice code. Nevertheless, were I to be faced
with buying  only one, it would be the original every time. It is a terrific
set of paddles; I haven't tried any of the hand made, wait six months
boutique types, so can't compare there. But for the price, the Vibroplex
origianal paddle is my day-to-day, bread and butter, never fail ya paddle.

73 to all,

Jeff, W2ZU