[TenTec] Omni 6 lsb noise

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] Omni 6 lsb noise
From: k2mme@juno.com (k2mme@juno.com)
Date: Mon, 1 May 2000 16:01:03 -0400
Hi there
I am new to the relector and have done a lot of reading in the last few
weeks.
I have also noticed the "noise " on lsb vs. usb. I tried the carrier null
pots r3 and r4 and was able to reduce but not eliminate it. Originally I
thought it was rf feedback  because I'm in a new 4th floor qth. My
concern was poor audio reports. I'm monitoring the signal on a SB 610 and
the residual on lsb is significantly greater than on usb. Anybody know
whats happening? I'm still getting poor audio reports and the scope
pattern  shows a lot of "noise".

I also tried the connector 52 change for the sidetone and could not
notice any difference.

73 Howie k2mme