[TenTec] Re: 580 Delta-was Receiver Lineage

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] Re: 580 Delta-was Receiver Lineage
From: winjones@ix.netcom.com (Winston F. Jones)
Date: Mon, 1 May 2000 20:42:40 -0000
The 580 Delta is a good, solid radio. In addition to the 580, I have a
Corsair, Triton IV, 509 Argonaut and Scout, plus some of the old PM qrp
rigs.

In my opinion, the Delta's receiver compares with the Triton IV, but not as
good as the Corsair. The Corsair also has more features and controls. The
Delta was Ten-Tec's first new WARC rig (excluding the Omni C, which was
updated for WARC).
If you want WARC bands, without a lot of bells and whistles, the Delta is a
good buy on the used market. You can sometimes find them for a little over
$300.

I don't think the Delta is as pretty as the Corsairs or Omnis. It has sort
of a military look and also resembles a grown-up Argosy.
Just my opinion! I still like all Ten-Tecs over anything else.
73, Winston K4CWQ