[TenTec] Least $$ TT for Contesting?

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] Least $$ TT for Contesting?
From: N4NT@chartertn.net (Michael O. Hyder)
Date: Mon, 15 May 2000 16:19:59 -0400
I don't understand your question but will give you some information that may
help.

The Hercules 444 amplifier was made with provision for automatic
bandswitching from the Ten-Tec Omni-C (and perhaps earlier Omni) rigs.  I do
not know about the earlier Omni's.  The information provided by the rig was
just a contact to ground for the band selected, and was available on the
rear panel of the Omni-C in a big molex-type connector.

The same band information was available on the Corsair, but NOT on the
Corsair II.

So far as doing anything to the rig from a computer, I would think all you
can do with a Corsair II or earlier rig, you can do with your Argosy --
except, you could take the information that drives the digital display and
perhaps make use of it.  You cannot do bandswitching, etc., on a Corsair II
or earlier rig from a computer.

Does that help?

Mike N4NT@chartertn.net