[TenTec] OMNI VI+ Frequency Drift

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] OMNI VI+ Frequency Drift
From: w5yr@att.net (George , W5YR)
Date: Sun, 09 Jul 2000 14:43:12 -0500
Thanks for the note, Jim.

Unfortunately, the Kachina does not handle frequency offset or cal error
in that fashion. About all one can do without tearing into the radio is
to repeatedly run the Cal program. I have noticed that when the bands are
noisy, and WWV isn't all that strong, the Cal procedure yields a larger
frequency error than when signals are clean and strong - to be expected.

Anyway, the worst error I ever have to live with is in the order of 4-5
Hz so I can handle that!   ;^)

72/73, George
Fairview, TX   30 mi NE Dallas in Collin county      QRP-L 1373
Amateur Radio W5YR, in the 54th year and it just keeps getting better!
R/C since 1964 - AMA 98452   RVing since 1972    Kachina #91900556
(12/99)