[TenTec] Ten Tec rigs and "other" power supplies

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] Ten Tec rigs and "other" power supplies
From: N4NT@chartertn.net (Michael O. Hyder)
Date: Thu, 14 Sep 2000 14:24:54 -0400
I believe your information is incorrect, Frank.  I have many Ten-Tec rigs
and supplies and most of the rigs will not operate properly from 12 volts.
The problems are with the digital display, so perhaps your Triton II is not
affected by that, but you can't properly extrapolate from that.

The Ten-Tec supplies I have all put out about 13.8 volts DC.

As the life of a lamp is very greatly extended by lowering its operating
voltage, I put 33 ohm resistors in series with the lamps.

Regards, Mike N4NT@chartertn.net