[TenTec] electron flow vs. current flow

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] electron flow vs. current flow
From: reid.w.simmons@intel.com (Simmons, Reid W)
Date: Thu, 19 Oct 2000 09:17:28 -0700
Actually, I found mathematics (up through differential equations anyway) to
be quite understandable and straight forward.  It is a very precise science
[language] with exacting rules that will explain things "exactly".  No, I
don't consider myself a "math whiz", but I did have to take a lot of it for
my degree in Physics.  People think themselves into believing that math is
difficult and therefore it becomes self-fulfilling.

And on the subject of Electrical Engineers - the best ones I have worked
with had done a lot of electronic tinkering and building (like "real" Hams)
when they were kids and then pursued a formal engineering degree in college.
The "worst" engineers I have encountered made the decision late in their
high school years to pursue an engineering career and had no hands-on
experience or intuitive feel for electronics at all.

Reid, K7YX