[TenTec] early morning questions

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] early morning questions
From: w5yr@att.net (George, W5YR)
Date: Sun, 19 Nov 2000 20:00:52 -0600
Jim, that is such a contrast from the situation in North Central Texas
that I have trouble even imagining how it must be to contend with wx
like you describe. Here we get about 25-30 inches per year tops and some
years much less than that. Humidity averages around 20-50% except in
rain situations. Today the high was about 61 and low humidity. We have a
delayed onset of any sign of winter wx here - one freeze in the 20's
last week, but that lasted only a day.

My son, K5SR, used to be a Foreign Service Officer and one of his
postings was the island of Mauritius, 3B8. They had conditions similar
to what you describe though much less so. They had to be careful about
mold, etc. of items in storage or in closets even.

Guess your picture makes the hot Texas summers a little easier to take!
<:}

Thanks for the note.

72/73, George   W5YR - the Yellow Rose of Texas      NETXQRP 6
Fairview, TX   30 mi NE Dallas in Collin county      QRP-L 1373
Amateur Radio W5YR, in the 55th year and it just keeps getting better!
Icom IC-756 PRO #02121 (9/00) Kachina #91900556 (12/99) IC-765 (6/90)