[TenTec] Omni VI vs. TS-850

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] Omni VI vs. TS-850
From: badger@vbe.com (Michael Melland)
Date: Tue, 06 Feb 2001 13:31:30 -0600

> I have heard of fellows selling the Omni VI, but in five years
> I've met only one
> who did not regret the sale, and he disliked the radio because of
> the way SSB
> receive sounded with a speaker (hmmmm).

I have owned but one other rig prior to experiencing the Ten-Tec phenomenon.
Having had such limited exposure, I'm still thrilled with the performance of
my Omni V and find no need to look for the Holy Grail among the rice boxes
<grin>.

Seriously, I think all HF radios have their strong and weak points..... as
for me I can live with my Omni's weak points because it's strengths
certainly make up for them in spades.  Perhaps there is some difference in
the receive audio between the V and VI+.... I think my Omni V sounds great
on SSB and I always get great transmitted audio reports.

73 de Mike, W9WIS