FW: [TenTec] RE: Jupiter pros and cons

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: FW: [TenTec] RE: Jupiter pros and cons
From: RMcGraw@InfoAve.Net (Bob & Linda McGraw K4TAX)
Date: Tue, 20 Feb 2001 11:44:25 -0800
While I agree, RF in the shack can cause a rig to go nuts thus do
un-predicted things, I've allways thought that the true solution was to
"fix the RF in the shack" problem rather than make the station "RF
proof".  Often it's easier to add a few "C"s and move a few cables but
the fact remains, there's RF in the shack.

I suggest looking at antenna positions, methods of feed, SWR and etc.
In my case moving the antenna (which may not be an option to some)
cleaned up not only the RF in the shack but also got the RF out of the
phone lines in the house.

73
Bob K4TAX