[TenTec] Re: Paragon logging with LOGic

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] Re: Paragon logging with LOGic
From: k7kj@teleport.com (Greg Hodsdon)
Date: Wed, 28 Feb 2001 13:57:23 -0800
Don:
I'd be very interested in knowing how you have the Paragon
configured to operate trouble free with LOGic. My experience
was that the Paragon was NOT a user friendly computer
compatible radio, with or without the LOGic program. The
only exception was the original DOS program that TT sold
for use with the Paragon, which by any standard today (or
10 years ago) is obsolete.

I used the Paragon (585) for many years and, I agree, the
frequency and mode could be read using the LOGic program.
However, operating the radio on cw was impractical as the
cw characters were "truncated" during keying in a somewhat
random fashion. I seem to recall this was due to the LOGic
program polling the radio. The interface was later upgraded
by TT and used on the later Paragon II and Omni VI.

Other than the weird computer interface, the Paragon was a
fine radio.

73 de Greg, K7KJ
Portland, OR