[TenTec] OMNI 6 Question follow up

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] OMNI 6 Question follow up
From: gctotten@juno.com (Gerald C Totten)
Date: Wed, 28 Feb 2001 18:10:10 -0500
  Last week I posted the problem below and I just thought I would let you
all know how I resolved it.  One of TEN-TEC's fine service techs asked me
to be sure all key and mike lines were disconnected.  ( Everything but
the power supply had been unhooked and the radio would still not reset.)
He mentioned that he thought the CPU could not reset because something
was trying to tell the CPU it needed service.  By chance I unplugged the
cable from connector # 87 on the logic board and was able to do a full
reset.  This connector provides data to the VFO PLL board.  Once I was
able to reset the CPU, I powered down and reconnected the cable to # 87
and all is well.  I hope this is a permanent fix but if it happens again,
I would suspect some problem with the PLL board.

73,   Jerry  K8JRO

>snip<
Well Gang,
  This morning my OMNI 6 was sitting on the frequency I had left it on
last night after a nice CW QSO.  But it would not do anything.  No
transmit or receive.  Suspecting a power line glitch, I cycled the power
switch.  The radio now comes up with all the function LEDs on but does
nothing else.  A full reset has no effect.  The 3 Volt backup battery
checked OK.
  Anyone have any suggestions before I box it up and send it "Home" to
TEN-TEC ?

73,
Have a nice weekend,
Jerry  K8JRO