[TenTec] Re: Paragon logging with LOGic

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] Re: Paragon logging with LOGic
From: VE1BN@aol.com (VE1BN@aol.com)
Date: Wed, 28 Feb 2001 19:11:00 EST
Hi Greg -

No argument about the inherent limited logging facilities
of the Paragon.  The chip only has a small, and slow,
number of functions available it can perform.

What I meant that I had no problem using the Paragon
with LOGic,  is that it would work well enough for general
logging...  the "time on and off" is done by the computer
anyway.

When I first got the Paragon, I found the remote operations
worked well enough, but that was fine then, a long time
ago, now obsolete.

The truncated effect you mentioned was never noticed.
I don't use keyboard keying.  Being a CW op I feel perfect
keyboard CW is not "kosher".  I use a paddle instead to
make my own mistakes.

My OMNI 6+ and LOGic does everything I need.  Agree that
the Paragon is a great radio.  After adding lots of .1 uF
ceramic caps on the logic board to clean up the internally
generated buzzes and garbage, it is a really fine rig.

Thanks for the note,  don't think there's anything here we
can disagree on.

73 -  Don  VE1BN