[TenTec] RF in audio

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] RF in audio
From: wa0roi@arrl.net (Chuck Brudtkuhl)
Date: Wed, 07 Mar 2001 23:43:16 -0600
Ahaa, this sounds familiar.  Pay close attention to leads on
the back of the radio, specifically that one attached to
AUDIO IN if you use this for AFSK input, etc.  Ferrite time
or .......

Also, again related to this lead .. what is the other end
terminated in ... this turned out to be the final (and most
effective) solution in my case.  If connected to PK-232 ...
ouch, no amount of ferrite can fix it!!!!  If connected to
ST-6000, negligable, nearly undetectable trouble.  If open,
no trouble.

In my station, this lead is run through a patch panel to be
used for various sources.  Merely pulling down the patch is
a MUST prior to transmitting SSB from the mic.

This with an Omni-VI+ .. did not have the problem with
Omni-V .. dunno why.  All else is the same from grounding to
RF.  Oh wait, there was one change between Omni-V and
Omni-VI+,  .. the amount of RF radiated.  I started using
the Alpha with the Omni-VI+ ... vs. the Omni-V via a Centaur
or homebrew 813's.

73 de Chuck
wa0roi