[TenTec] RF in audio

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] RF in audio
From: VE1BN@aol.com (VE1BN@aol.com)
Date: Thu, 8 Mar 2001 18:42:02 EST
Hi Ken -

You asked why only Ten-Tec has an RF problem?

Have no idea why you should  - -  if you have a real RF ground
system. Then you should have no RF feedback!  But maybe you
don't have a decent ground,  and I don't mean a ground rod
stuck in the ground.

I live in a highrise , run anything up to the full limit ... all bands
with my Titan if I choose. I have never had a single indication
of RF getting into my Paragon, or OMNI 6+.  My station ground is
a single copper tube fastened behind the operating table, with
individual ground straps to each piece of gear, including power
supplies, going to it. This main ground tube is connected to the
building ground which is a maze of copper hotwater radiator pipes
throughout the building.  No BCI, TVI, whatever, after 20 years
of operating in this QTH,  and I am 7 floors up from ground level.

Have never had a wisp of RF feedback here,  or in my former QTH
in VE2 land. The best friend a ham station can have is its solid RF
ground system.  A great many don't realize the real value of one.

Don't blame Ten-Tec gear.   None better than the OMNI 6+ for the
serious amateur radio CW or SSB DXer.

But then again,  you probably do have a good ground!!   Good luck,
am sure someone will have a much better suggestion to solve your
problem than this offering.

73  -  Don  VE1BN