[TenTec] VFO jumper info?, CW paddles, Talk to your XYL...

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] VFO jumper info?, CW paddles, Talk to your XYL...
From: rohre@arlut.utexas.edu (Stuart Rohre)
Date: Tue, 3 Apr 2001 16:29:59 -0500
A very good suggestion Al makes for all of us.
I thought about this and decided a good way to help the future inventory is
to put a small "price tag" on the back panel of each item, together with a
date code, so that at least you know the original value just from looking at
the object itself.  It is also good to keep a master list with house
valuable papers, but one can forget to add to the inventory, etc.  Also,
good to have a loan sheet in the log book, if you loan out equipment, so the
family can retrieve your items,  and apprise the family of the importance of
the log book as the central set of information for the station.  Keep all
manuals in a vinyl folder or notebook binder, (Trapper Keeper) right on the
operating desk of the shack so that they may be placed with the equipment
when the need comes to dispose of them.

Not something we like to take care of, but better to do it yourself, than
leave the family in need.
73,
Stuart K5KVH