[TenTec] Was "new Ten Tec etc", comments and new topic

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] Was "new Ten Tec etc", comments and new topic
From: wb2vuf@qsl.net (Bwana Bob)
Date: Fri, 20 Apr 2001 10:20:20 -0400
Don't overlook the heater/AC ventilation blower, especially of your
vehicle is getting older. The blower on my '92 Explorer puts out a lot
of hash that sounds like ignition noise but increases when the blower
speed is increased. Fortunately, it is easier to get at than the
infamous Ford fuel pump. I plan to add feedthrough caps to the blower
motor "when I get time".

Regarding grounding, there seems to be no general agreement. Don
Johnson, W6AAQ, in his book 40+5 Tears of HF Mobileering, recommends
grounding the chassis of the rig with a short braid or ribbon cable.
Where you tie the negative supply line is still being debated. I
connected mine to the vehicle chassis, near the battery ground. Others
connect the lead right at the negative battery terminal. Some of the
confusion may date back to the days of Japanese cars with positive
ground systems and the isolated-chassis CB sets that worked with either
positive or negative ground systems! I don't know for sure.

                        73,
                        Bob WB2VUF

I just