[TenTec] NB & fuse query

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] NB & fuse query
From: mark@microenh.com (Mark Erbaugh)
Date: Thu, 24 May 2001 08:36:51 -0400
Related question.

I just got an Airpax breaker for my Omni V.  What's the best way to install
them?  Currently, I just installed mine in the positive power lead, close to
the power supply end.  The breakers I got had spade lugs and I had some
crimp on terminals that mated, so I crimped (and soldered these onto the
power lead.  If I had had a small project box, I probably would have mounted
the breaker in it, but it's just hanging off the power cable right now. I
did use some wire ties around both positive and negative leads to take the
strain off the connection. How did TT package the breaker when they sold it?

Also, I noticed arrows on the labelling (pointing in from one terminal and
out to the other), which I assume indicate current flow (i.e. from positive
to negative), not electron flow (the reverse). Is that the proper polarity
for the breaker?

73,
Mark