[TenTec] Omni VI +

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] Omni VI +
From: benk8dit@serv.net (Ben Kadish K8DIT)
Date: Sun, 16 Dec 2001 14:15:52 -0800
Hi Paul,  If in your experience the Corsair II is the kind of transciever
you like, then the Omni VI Plus is its technological and ergonomic
successor. The Jupiter, is sort of a new paradigm with its DSP and computer
friendly handle. There is obviously going to be more refined ways of
carrying out what this transciever does, so its successor will sport better
perfomance parameters. I will project that the Omni VI plus will remain the
king of the Analog generation,
while the Jupiter will sometime in the future be the equivalent of the Omni
C in the progression of future DSP rigs, using history as my
mirror. I am not an RF professional nor do I play one on TV, your mileage
may vary. Ham since 1961.