[TenTec] rx-340 TX/RX combos

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] rx-340 TX/RX combos
From: ny9h@arrl.net (Bill Steffey)
Date: Sun, 06 Jan 2002 09:05:47 -0600
I'd prefer to be incorrect, however ...It is my understanding from TenTec
that the receiver in the Omni6+ is a superior receiver on ham
bands(obviously) compared to the Rx 340. I had asked someone down there
about the performance comparision. What experiences have list members had
with the Omni 6+ prior to acquiring the 340??

I just wrote a letter to T Inoue ( ICOM) regarding a performance parameter
of his 756. I am hoping that ICOM, on their new transceiver, can bring the
level of noise blanker performance up to par with my OMNI6+ and maybe even
up to my Elecraft K2.

happy new year
bill   ny9h

NY9H pictures on Epson's Photo site,