[TenTec] RX-340 and Noise Reduction

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] RX-340 and Noise Reduction
From: reid.w.simmons@intel.com (Simmons, Reid W)
Date: Thu, 14 Feb 2002 13:48:45 -0800
I use the AmCom DSP "base" unit with my Omni VI/3, which also provides the
power for it.  This little DSP unit does a fantastic job of reducing the
very annoying background hiss to practically zero.  I have it driving either
an MFJ "Clear Speech" speaker or a Radio Shack "Minimus 0.5" speaker.  BTW -
the Minimus 0.5 speaker beats the socks off of any other commercially made
speaker I have ever tried for communications work.  The one that I have is
about 28 years old and unfortunately Radio Shack hasn't carried them for the
past couple of decades.

Reid, K7YX