[TenTec] Re: RX-340 and Noise Reduction

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] Re: RX-340 and Noise Reduction
From: n4py@earthlink.net (Carl Moreschi)
Date: Thu, 14 Feb 2002 19:46:22 -0000
Jim,

Fast AGC should not be used for SSB or CW.  These modes
work best on the RX340 with slow AGC.  The slow AGC setting
seems perfect for these modes.  The fast AGC setting is so fast,
it increases the gain noticeably between words or CW characters.

I rarely find the noise reduction setting on the 599zx helps.
When it does help, it's not for random noise, but more for
man made noises such as power pole buzzes.

Carl Moreschi N4PY
Franklinton, NC