[TenTec] Re: Comments on the Orion (Yes, I know about the Pegasus and Ju

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] Re: Comments on the Orion (Yes, I know about the Pegasus and Jupiter)
From: n9dg@yahoo.com (Duane Grotophorst)
Date: Tue, 12 Mar 2002 14:29:20 -0800 (PST)
--- Eric Rosenberg <wd3q@erols.com> wrote:

> Lest you all think I'm blind to TT and their
> offerings, yes I
> am very much aware of the Pegasus and Jupiter.

<snip>

> Between these two and the Orion there is a BIG gap
> where a less
> expensive, high-performance radio should be.

Very true, I believe that there would be a sizeable
market for a model in the $2000-2200 range.

Another market that needs to be addressed is offering
each of these models in both a front panel and black
box versions, much the same as the Pegasus/Jupiter are
now. While I'm not privy to the sales numbers of the
Pegasus vs. Jupiter you do seem to frequently hear
people who have recently bought new Pegasus+'s even
though the more conventional Jupiter is also
available.

For real innovation wouldn't it be cool to control two
or more separate radios from one control panel? For
example have one Orion controlling both itself and its
black box (otherwise electrically identical) companion
transceiver.

Duane
N9DG