[TenTec] KB7OEX: a big plus favoring ORION

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] KB7OEX: a big plus favoring ORION
From: W8JI@contesting.com (Tom Rauch)
Date: Wed, 13 Mar 2002 05:07:53 -0500
> > this suggests strongly that the system is fairly
> > unsophisticated in that it
> > can function from the contents of a single ROM.
>
> there. Sophistication alone does not assure good
> performance, in many case it may actually hurt.

That's why I won't buy a DSP based radio. Performance is poor
enough using conventional filters because the filter follows too
many mixers and semiconductors.

Not only that, have a listen to keyclicks and other trash from newer
radios.

The last thing I want is a receiver that moves selectivity even further
back in the system running at frequencies my dog can hear so
marketing departments can say it is "true IF DSP".

It appears we have been brain-washed by the marketing
departments into ignoring performance!
73, Tom W8JI
W8JI@contesting.com