[TenTec] Orion Size....????

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] Orion Size....????
From: tds59@voyager.net (Thom)
Date: Mon, 18 Mar 2002 10:09:41 -0500
(with as straight a face as possible) You're kidding.....right???

I feel like Wile E. Coyote after the RoadRunner took a full bore kahuna down
Route 66:  In his left hand, fter he comes to a like-it-or-not stop and
turns to you watching him, the word EGAD on a small sign comes up quickly,
and his right hand then brings up the two (!!) points on another small sign,
but much faster.  I just took my tape measure out to get a
visualization....and all I can say is: EGAD (!!)  followed by COME ON in
glowing red neon just underneath!

This weapon (all the rest that went before are mere transistor radios now)
is bigger than my old wide carriage dot matrix printer and/or my computer
tower (never bothered to size the monitor, I just gave up after those
two)....and these measurements are for the Orion WITHOUT a power supply or
external tuner, right again????
(Speaking of which:  What's the power supply requiements/looks, or will this
T/T finally - but not likely, given their anti-heat philosophy - have an
internal one? And never mind on the tuner part; I'll let that catfight
alone...)

If Amateur Radio were a XXX film, L.D. Silver just kicked Elvis right outta
the building, and never mind John Holmes, rest his soul....(don't bother
asking me if you can't get this rather esoteric reference, the Orion's size
has already fried my comprehension, so there)

NO WONDER the $3300 price tag; to paraphrase Wil Smith after he flew and
landed the space craft in "Independence Day":  'I  have got to SEE me one of
these!'
Once Again: I outright *DARE* T/T to bring the rig to the Fort Wayne hamfest
in Nov.

Thom  N8DXR