[TenTec] PBT on Paragon?

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] PBT on Paragon?
From: mark@microenh.com (Mark Erbaugh)
Date: Mon, 18 Mar 2002 15:05:07 -0500
Eric,

Assuming that the PBT works like that on the Omni V and VI with which I'm
familar, it shouldn't change the frequency of the receieved station, just
the effective audio passband.  If you have a program such as SpectorGram or
even a PSK31 program with a waterfall display, you should be able to see the
effect. You don't need a full blown PSK interface, just connect the audio
out from the radio to the soundcard line in.  Tune in some broadband signal
(or signals - a good test would be to tune to the PSK at 14.070) or noise
and observe the audio spectrum. As you move the PBT, the spectrum should
change.

BTW, TT S-meters usually are conservative as compared to the Japanese rigs.
If it seems conservative compared to another TT rig, then I would be
concerned.

73,
Mark