[TenTec] Omni-6+ RX audio / EQ?

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] Omni-6+ RX audio / EQ?
From: al_lorona@agilent.com (al_lorona@agilent.com)
Date: Mon, 25 Mar 2002 12:44:48 -0700
> Not so.  The references quoted in my previous email,
> specifically addressed this very issue and bypass the
> DSP and notch filter IC's, which are always in the
> audio signal path in the stock Omni VI+.

> 73,
> Barry  N1EU

Yes, that's right, Barry. You pick off direct from the product detector and
you lose all of the DSP functionality if you go into the volume control,
which is presumably what your mod does. I haven't looked at it.

I was thinking more along the lines of the wider filters and the INRAD mod
to the low pass filter following the product detector that was originally
suggested to Mike, and how those things are still subject to the DSP codec.

Regards,

Al