[TenTec] OMNI VI Transmit IMD

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] OMNI VI Transmit IMD
From: w3uls@3n.net (John Rippey)
Date: Sat, 13 Apr 2002 17:24:57 -0400
Steve et al:

        This is known as avoidance--I'm way behind in sending out QSL's, so I'm
sitting in front of the computer posting to the Ten-Tec reflector instead . . .

        It's peculiar that what must be essentially the same final comes in
with
much worse numbers when tested as the OMNI VI +. (THe MP and Mark-V tested
essentially the same.) The QST reviewer, Larry Wolfgang, got pretty testy
about what he determined to be inexcusable faults with the OMNI VI + ARRL
had bought for testing. Maybe that particular rig was faulty. Otherwise,
who knows? Anyone have an explanation?

        I own the VI not the VI +, OBTW.

73,
John, W3ULS