[TenTec] Signal heard with AF gain at minimum

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] Signal heard with AF gain at minimum
From: mandolinist@interlync.com (Gary Smith)
Date: Sat, 20 Apr 2002 11:39:15 -0500
On 20 Apr 2002 at 11:26, WA3FIY wrote:

> It is most likely due to the sensitivity of your headphones.  The
> noise you are hearing is not the noise floor of the RX, it is the
> noise floor of the audio chain AFTER the volume control only.

Thanks fellas, I figured it was OK but it is a bit disquieting to hear that
whine/buzz/hiss & I wonder if that's affecting my audio perception of CW/SSB as
well.

My headphones are the top of the line Sony Professional headsets & I use them
for
monitoring my soundboard while recording musicians for final CD production. I'm
just
giving them double duty because they're particularly easy to listen to.

I can certainly make a series attenuation for them which I'll do this afternoon.

Thank you to all!

KA1JGary

Gary Smith

http://musician.dyndns.org

Most of us know how to say nothing--few of us know when.